December 22, 2006

Hair woes!!!

A Greek philosopher once said, “If my son spent more time with his books than he spends at the barber’s and staring at his image in the mirror, he would be a much greater man than what he is now.”

For a long while, I failed to comprehend the depth of this statement, but I should have known that the great Greek philosophers never said anything shallow. One day, a friend came close to me and whispered, “Hey, are you losing your hair? Your hair seems thinner now.”

I was not old then, in my teenage years at most. So, this came as a big shock to me. I was always told that I had nice hair and I always replied, with some pride, “Its all natural. I don’t use anything.”

But after the day my friend told me about my balding head, I began to spend more time in front of the mirror, checking if the hairline had gone back, and every time I looked at myself in the mirror I felt it had gone back by a few millimeters. I decided to experiment with newer hairstyles that would help me hide my receding hairline and, thus, the time I spent at the barber’s, and looking at myself in the mirror began to increase.

Every visit to the barber, since then, has become important because one of these days, I know, will be the last. I try to spend as much time as I can at the barber’s getting my hair pampered and cared for. Who knows if there is any tomorrow for them?

2 comments:

Its Me! said...

Isn't it sad that one has to give any thought to such non-important issues like the thickness of one's hair as if that is what defines a person? I don't think it makes one bit of difference.

Unknown said...

haha

i think we all have some ego in us

but still inside matters most tho

and we can all still look pretty good with shaved heads ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails