November 30, 2007

250 and going...

This post is a minor milestone in my blogging life, as this is the 250th post on this blog.

I was planning to do something special - like a video post - but then I decided against it. Today, I won't try to break from tradition, and will use this post to recapitulate the major events in the life of this blog. I started this blog almost two years back, with no particular aim in mind. I was hearing about blogs all around, and figured it was time for me to get one of my own.

For the first year, things were really slow, and I posted only when I felt like it. I did nothing to get my blog out there. Then, I discovered traffic exchanges like Blog Explosion, Blog mad, etc., and through them I came across many good blogs, and many great bloggers. Not only that, through these traffic exchanges I came to know about some of the finer points of blogging. I am not sure what most people think of traffic exchanges, but I think they have some use for a blogger, atleast for someone who is just starting on his journey as a blogger.

During the second year, I tried to post on the blog on a regular basis and, for good or bad, I have been able to do that for quite some time now. There have been times when, for one reason or another, I have felt that I should be done with blogging, once and for all. But, those times have been few and far between, and I can safely say that as I have progressed on my journey as a blogger, my desire to continue writing on this blog has grown in strength ( So, if perchance you are one of those out there who want me gone, I offer my sincerest apologies).

With hopes of celebrating my 500th post on this blog - in not too distant future - I take your leave ...for now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you were just a little bitty blogger... And now look at you! ;-) Congrats!

otilius said...

Congratulations, Old Bean!
Jolly good show, eh, what?!? Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

SandyCarlson said...

Congratulations on 250! And along the way you've been working on a novel....no small undertakings by any measure!

Unknown said...

congrats on 250 & warm written wishes of many many more to come

looking forward to 500 ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails