December 23, 2007

BYBS : Drink and Be Merry

(To join Blog Your Blessings Sunday, and get your name on the blogroll, click on the banner above and follow the simple instructions)

Once again, Sunday is almost over as I write my BYB post. Though BYB was at the back of my mind all day, yet there was nothing in specific that I was thinking about. In fact, being alive and kicking - with the good as well as the bad - seemed like a blessing to me. Add to that the fact that I had to go to work, and you will understand why the BYB post did not happen till now.

There can be no other blessing at this time of the year other than the festive spirit that is all around, like love...oops like air, I meant. But, I think there is something that really adds a little more zest to the festive spirit. No marks for guesing what I am talking about. I am talking about alcohol. This alcohol may be in the form of wine, whiskey, vodka, gin or whatever it is that you like or drink.

I am not advocating drinking here nor am I saying that it is necessary to drink to enjoy the celebrations, but if you do drink, and drink in moderation, it only adds a little color to your cheeks, and to your celebrations. The best thing I like about drinking is many people who are usually very aloof and reserved, open up and enjoy themselves after they have imbibed some alcohol.

Then, I am sure, most of us are aware of the effect alcohol has on our feet and legs. After a couple of drinks don't they just take a life of their own, as soon as the first sounds of any music is heard? I have heard many people say that they absolutely need some alcohol in their system before they can even think about dancing. Alcohol may have a lot of bad effects, but this is definitely one of the good effects of it.

So, this Christmas, Eat, Drink and be Merry. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Regina Avalos said...

Merry Christmas!

SandyCarlson said...

I'm with you, Neo! Such things can be marvelous blessings. God bless you.

Paulie said...

The same to you! I enjoy a good glass of wine or a daiquiri or two but usually drink with friends and not alone. I missed you last week! Ü

Related Posts with Thumbnails