January 18, 2009

BYBS - Technology and an ebook!

(To know more about Blog Your Blessings Sunday, click on the banner above. If you want to join us, you can read the instructions and begin. Presently, blogrolling is down so I am unable to make changes to the blogroll. But, leave a comment and your name will be added to the blogroll as soon as possible.)

I have always wanted to write a book, and that, I am sure, is no secret for anyone who has been visiting this blog for any length of time. But, writing a book is no mean feat, and getting it published is a task that even Hercules might have failed at.

However, today, we have a gift that Hercules could not even dream about - the gift of technology. Technology has made it possible for a whole set of people - like me - to write, and be read through the medium of blogs. I am sure I am not alone when I say that being able to blog is a great blessing.

Human beings are never satisfied with what they have, and they are always looking for more. This need for more has caused the rise of some, and the downfall of a great many. A little hunger, I think, is a good thing. Too much is definitely bad, but a little bit is needed to make a person try harder and stretch himself to do his best.

I have also - to satisfy my urge of writing a book - compiled an ebook out of some of my posts I wrote in 2007. It is titled Thirteen Cross Two (because it has twenty six posts) and you can download it here.

So, this week's blessing is technology - the great enabler - that helps us achieve many things that for our ancestors were nothing but dreams.

Have a great week ahead!

6 comments:

storyteller said...

I couldn't agree more about the blessing of being able to share with one another through blogging, and I'll return to check out the link to yours as time permits.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

At last u r with your eBook.

I am still working on mine.

You have to showcase your book on the various media available on net like Scribd

SandyCarlson said...

Congratulations on your book. That is a great thing.

Anonymous said...

Hello.. Do you know how to Add Adsense Code Inside Single Post Only in XML Template? Visit your blog to learn how.. Have a nice thursday!

PERBS said...

I missed your post last week. I am sure I came several times and didn't see one. I will have to read your ebook. I have started writing short stories and poetry on another blog I do on another site. So, I understand how technology is a blessing to you too

Anonymous said...

well said.. That a human being is never satisfied with anything.. He wants more and more. He can't count blessing but can count the curse on him..

Related Posts with Thumbnails