September 13, 2009

BYBS: Seek Not, And You Shall Find

(To join Blog Your Blessings Sunday, and get your name on the blogroll, click on the banner above and follow the simple instructions.)

It is, sometimes, hard to come up with ideas to write about. It is not that the mind runs out of ideas; the ideas just decide that they want to play hide and seek. As soon as you try to grab one of the them, it slips away into a dark corner. You don't mind because you are sure there are other ideas in there, but as soon as you turn around to hold on to any one of them, you find them all slipping and sliding away into the nooks and crannies of your brain.

You are left with an emptiness, which gets deeper with every attempt that you make to fill it.

What do you do now?

Well, I don't know about you. But, off late, I have developed a strategy. I have stopped trying to look for them. If they choose to hide, in stead of going after them, I let them be. Ideas, then, are not unlike mischievous children. When you scold them, or try to stop them from doing something, they will run all over the room. They will hide behind a sofa, or in an inaccessible corner of the room. They have fun teasing and taunting you. But the moment you start ignoring them, and begin doing your own work - pretending they don't even exist - the fun goes out of hiding. The children, now, will come to you, without you having to lift a finger.

Ideas, I feel, are similar. Don't try too hard, and your brain will be overflowing with them.

A good example of the above theory is today's post. As I began to write this post, I had no idea of what I was going to write. I searched my brain, and found nothing there save for an irritating emptiness. So, I just sat back and, without actually trying too hard, wrote this post. As for how good it is, I will let you be the judge.

However, to thank you for your patience with reading this post, I am going to leave you with this video, which, I guarantee, will make you smile:

Related Posts with Thumbnails