November 23, 2006

NaNoWriMo:The End and A Happy Thanks Giving

Finally, we are in week four of NaNoWriMo and the end is near, but the mind, instead of focusing on writing has begun to look about for excuses, and excuses as we all know are not hard to find. Here is what I have done till now :


Now, with a week to go, I am running short by almost 30,000 words. Compared with what I have done till now in three weeks, it seems to be a Herculean task to fnish what I started. But, hopefully a lot can still be done in the time left with me now. So, people wish me luck for I do not intend to give up without putting up one hell of a fight.

Wishing A VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone around the world. Have a great day and an even better week.

6 comments:

choochoo said...

it's frustrating trying to force words down on paper, when you're feeling blocked. Just don't give up, I'm sure you'll be fine:)

Indeterminacy said...

I'm not a writer or anything, but what if your 23,000 words is brilliant as it is? Why would it need another 30,000 words? Shouldn't a story be just long enough to say what it has to say?

Indeterminacy said...

What I mean is, if you've written something that you're personally satisfied with, that's what's important. Not some superficial count of words.

Anyhow, good luck with your goal.

Unknown said...

Happy thanksgiving!
Glad that you started writing.

Whether you finish it with how many million words, i'm sure it'll be a good read from teh glimpse weve had so far.

cheerios.

Whatever said...

I've gone to some fiction writers groups and believe me, writing 24,000 is a huge achievement! Most of these people wanted to write novels and most of them had not written so much as 5 pages.

Blue Panther said...

choochoo : It indeed is frustrating, specially when you have a time limit, but yes, one can only not give up and hope for the best.

Indeterminacy : I agree with you when you say that a story should only be as long as it needs to be to say what it has to say, but here the goal is to finish 50,000 words in a month. Anything less is a failed attempt. So, thank you very much for your wishes!!!

I am not a writer either, just bitten by the writing bug.

stev : Thanks for the wishes.

Whatever : Thanks for the encouraging words.

Related Posts with Thumbnails